Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Have a 2016 sport, we have had 2 rear brake sensors replaced due to them breaking off, at approx 20000 and 25000miles, and Amber dash warning light coming on.
Been told this due out side influence, road debris etc, so not covered under warrenty.
We never had this off-road,
Anyone had this problem

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had this happen for the first time the other day at 50k miles. Was driving in the woods and the next time I started the car I got the error. I had JUST had the car in for oil change so I knew the brakes were in good shape. Did some poking around and found the rear sensor got ripped in half, so I basically climbed under there and found it, unplugged the sensor from the car and spliced the wires with butt-connectors, shrinkwrapped, elec. taped it, re-ran the fixed wires, and stuck it back with some zip ties. Basically just did what surgery I could to re-connect the wires and it fixed it.
I noticed some slack in those wires that could catch on sticks, etc, so I took the slack out of all of them with electrical tape by taping them to the small conduit they run adjacent too. Wish I'd have taken pictures, but mosquitoes were getting me (yes, Louisiana in October).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts