Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone replaced their rear brakes? My brake warning came on yesterday and I was looking for info. I can find info on the earlier Evoque's but not the Disco Sport (the newer Evoque uses the same rear brakes).

I am going to replace the rotors and pads. I am not going with ceramic pads this time. I feel that the ceramic pads are not doing a good enough job of scrubbing off the rust that a semi-metalic pad could do. The rust build-up on the old rotors is why I think that I am replacing the pads at 19k miles.

I did brakes on my RRS and Defender, so I an somewhat used to Land Rover brakes, but I could use some tips with the EPB.

Thanks in advance.
specs in description

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmmm, funny you mention the sensor, cause I was told by JLR that their was one for each caliper, in any case I suppose I will do them myself! haha if it is that easy and no special computers needed to reset anything. did you have to replace the sensors? I'm just doing a regular pad and rotor change on my vehicle as it is due, not so much for enhanced performance.
I was old similar now I have a spare front and back sensor in the boot...grrrr

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update: Getting the electronic sequence to get EPB to maintenance mode just doesn’t work mine for some reason. But I was still able to change the rear brake pads following method used by Audi/VW with EPB shown all over YouTube. Basically follow the method I used above to disable automatic EPB to prevent activation while working on it. Then, unbolted the EPB from the caliper. Manually rewind the EPB, compress the piston back with a caliper tool. Don’t use c-clamp. Change pads. Very easy, works well. Zero error codes.
I had issues getting my car into service mode without using a scanner. I could get the brakes to retract, but when I switched off the ignition or opened the door they would go back again. Bought an Autel AP200 which works well with a smartphone. Best to disconnect the battery or the plug on the brakes when in service mode to make sure they don’t move again!!!

·
Super Moderator
423 Posts
I have attached the directions for the service mode for the rear brakes. No need to have car in neutral just start the procedure with the ignition turned on and follow the steps. The directions mention an Audible Noise,, it is not a beep but just the sound of the brakes activating.
Remember to deactivate

For emergencies print up a copy to keep in your car.

Never know when you may need them

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone replaced their rear brakes? My brake warning came on yesterday and I was looking for info. I can find info on the earlier Evoque's but not the Disco Sport (the newer Evoque uses the same rear brakes).

I am going to replace the rotors and pads. I am not going with ceramic pads this time. I feel that the ceramic pads are not doing a good enough job of scrubbing off the rust that a semi-metalic pad could do. The rust build-up on the old rotors is why I think that I am replacing the pads at 19k miles.

I did brakes on my RRS and Defender, so I an somewhat used to Land Rover brakes, but I could use some tips with the EPB.

Thanks in advance.
I changed my rear discs and pads... key is...jack up veh...chock and start engine and put in neutral. Take off handbrake manually. Remove electric connector to parking brake....switch off engine. Remove parking brake housing and wind back the brake spline. Now remove pads, callipers change the discs refit callipers insert pads and sensor ...wind in spline and refit parking brake housing and reconnect connector. Repeat for other side

21 - 25 of 25 Posts