Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Relatively new to this forum and looking for help please. I'm in Melbourne, Australia - have a 2017 LR Disco Sport TD4 180 which I took delivery of in Dec2016. It's done about 10,000Km now but almost ever since new, I've had 3 problems that have been really bugging me. The Deale rhas been great, but they told me to bring the car in when the problems are actually happening. That's a bit difficult because not all of them happen all the time, and I'm getting very frustrated with my Disco Sport. The issues are as follows:
Firstly, there's a rattle coming from front RH (Drivers) side. It seems to only happen when I'm accelerating, up to about 1500 rpm in gear 3/4/5 - doesn't happen at other times. I took it to the Dealer once before but they couldn't replicate it on the day, but it's definitely still there. I've tried poking and prodding, checked out anything of mine that's loose but cannot find anything. Got no idea what it is but I'll take it back and one day they'll be able to replicate it when I'm actually there with them
Secondly, I have a loose speaker that rattles quite badly when heavy bass is played. It's in the rear RH door. I've isolated the sound (by switching fade/balance etc) and it's definitely in rear RH Speaker. It should be straight-forward to replicate when I take it in, so not overly concerned about that (but it does drive me batty)
Thirdly - this is the one that really irritates me. There's that button on the left side of the steering wheel that we press to speak additional commands into (it'has a picture of a 'voice'). Well, most times that button works, but sometimes it doesn't. When it's not working, no matter what I press, I cannot get voice commands to respond. I often find out (that it's not working) when I'm already driving somewhere, so I'm waiting to find it when I have a day off one day, so that I can take it in to the Dealer when it's actually happening. Hopefully then, I'll also be able to demonstrate the speaker issue and maybe even the rattle in the front RH side.
Whilst I wait to try to replicate this, do any of you more experienced LR Disco Sport owners have any ideas on what may be causing these

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another member posted about his exhaust shield rattling in gears i believe. Could be something to mention to have them check.

Which stereo do you have, i have the 11 speaker with sub, and it is lacking anything low end, the minute you try to up the bass through the menu they speaker rattles the doors. That should be easy to replicated but it might not be resolved by replacing anything. My passanger side (right side) door has a little creak which i will mention next time i take my car in as well. They do have a method of aligning the door panels some how as my front drive and rear driver side doors both were mis aligned some how (could see handle separated from panel a bit more)

As for the Voice ive not experience any button not working.

2017 HSE LUX

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes you are correct, the dealer must hear or see the issue before they will work on it.

1. The rattle you hear could be anything - B pillar weld deficiency, front axle fault, unbalanced wheel/tire, engine component loose, etc.... Try to get a recording of the noise for us and post it - we may have a better idea.
2. Speaker bass bottoming out - yes I have experienced it myself on the driver's side (left rear) speaker - I just tone down the bass and all is fine now. I have the mid range upgraded audio system with 11 speakers - not the top end Meridian...
3. I don't use the voice command feature - too slow and dangerous to use while driving - I just use the infotainment soft and hard keys = much faster and direct while driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses agarabaghi and 4sallypat. I have the mid-range Meridian with 11 speakers - didn't think of the bass bottoming out but it may be that so will ask about it. I notice it when I play bass-heavy music (eg. Elvis) but it does happen when also listening to talk-back radio (which isn't bass-heavy). Anyway, that should be easy to replicate so I'll get them to listen to it and will post here when there's a resolution.
Re the other noise from the front driver (right) side, it's a kind of whirring noise. I'll get a recording of it and post it here too, but hopefully I'll also be able to replicate it one day on a day off work, and then I'll take it to the Dealer.
I actually find the Voice recognition button quite responsive (when it works) 4sallypat - isn't using the hard buttons more than Voice recognition (ie. taking hands off wheel etc). I actually quite like it, and it's been pretty responsive for me but I only use it to make calls, and to sometimes change between AM and FM on the radio. Like the whirring noise, hopefully I'll get that not-working one day on a day off, and I'll get the dealer to see it not working. I'll advise here when/if there's a resolution

1 - 4 of 4 Posts