Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
chirping in rear seat is definitely fixable. I think the bulletin is SSM72301. You should pass that along to your dealer.

JeffMC: Sorry to hear you hate your vehicle. I had major buyer's remorse for the 1st week, but I've actually grown to quite like the car. There are still issues that will need to be taken care of over time, however. My big disappointment is that it wasn't perfect the day I drove it off the lot! Since this is the first generation DS and 1st model year, I guess some glitchiness should be expected (maybe that is my way of rationalizing things).

Transmission/acceleration seems to have gotten better, although quite honestly I'm not sure I would've noticed any improvement unless someone in the forums enlightened me about the concept of "adaptive transmission". I think there always will be limitations with the low-end acceleration. That is why I'm keeping my eye out on the tuning kit that's available, although I'm loathe to drop $800 for it.

The cutout issue is the one that bothers me right now, but I'm thinking I'm gonna get a hitch soon (either via dealer [very pricey], or U-Haul [still trying to confirm if the silver rear panel needs to be replaced]).

The two things I most definitely appreciate are 1) exclusivity. So glad this car is not ubiquitous like some of its competitors. Although I suspect over time we'll see more DSs on the road, and 2) handles like a total champ on curves. I live in an area with long winding roads and it's hella fun to drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The frustrating thing is dropping >40K for a car that isn't perfect. I got mine CPO with 3K miles; I'm thinking the previous owner got too irritated with all the buggyness and issues (heard he switched to an Evoque).

I was told that Auto Stop/Start cannot be disabled permanently -- nor configured to disabled on startup -- due to some US regulation, in order to meet the fuel economy stats as advertised. I forget the exact details but that was what one dealership told me.

I've heard great things about the X3, but where I live they are just everywhere (same with A5 . . even more so). I didn't want to drive a car that all my neighbors had. Maybe I should recalibrate my mindset!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts