Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry about your bugs... I love my Discovery Sport over the BMW, Audi, and especially the Evoque.

I actually believe the Disco feels like it drives better and faster than the Evoque. Probably in my head... But that is all that matters. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Has anyone successfully remedied the B pillar ticking sound?

I have had it fixed three times and it is still here!

They did a partial fix. Then weld fix. Then spray foam insulation fix. No luck!

I can reproduce the noise when the car is parked by having the driver door open and open the left rear passenger door all the way. Then close the rear left door slightly... I can hear the same sound loud and clear with my ear on the pilar. I feel and look a little crazy. The sound is drivint me nuts even though it is slight... It is in my left ear.

Should I enact the lemon law... Is this a fluke in just my vehicle? Otherwise I love my Discovery Sport.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My disco still does the auto engine stop/start in Sport mode but much less frequently. I imagine if you drive it like you stole it the engine will never shut off.

I like the engine on/off. Not sure it really saves gas... But I am impressed how it engages and disengages... And seems to do it in a smart way.

Now that I said something nice about a feature I am sure it will break tomorrow.

I was sayiny that the stereo was nice for stock and then a horrible sound came from one of my right speakers. It sounded blown and muffled the rest of the day. Then it went away (yes played the same song). Then it came back another day. Ugggh!

* LR has escalated my rattle issue for the B pilar. They will follow up with me until it is resolved to my satisfaction. Not sure what that means, but I will hope for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts