Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 4 different noises being checked out on Thursday. Mine is 2016 model built in early Nov I believe.

Rattles, squeaks, etc:
1) Dashboard under Nav where the metal trim meets the dash.
2) Chirping under the rear seat
3) light knocking sound in drivers side B pillar
4) heavier knocking sound in passenger side C pillar

I've also had the transmission fail to know what gear it was in after auto-restarting at a traffic light requiring me to turn off the car and back on, the nav system spontaneously reboot while driving, and the reverse camera turning on about 20 seconds after I go into reverse when I've finished reversing and am in Drive.

Add in horrendous turbo lag and I basically hate a vehicle I bought a month ago. I'm hopeful the dealer can make this right, there is no way in **** I'd buy one of these if I had a time machine.

I have HSE Lux with pretty much every option (strangely there are a ton of things listed in the owners manual that I couldn't get)
Is it actually a "ticking" noise?

Check out the recording I posted on another forum and see if that is the noise you have been hearing:
Discovery Sport Forums - UPDATE ON B PILLAR RATTLE

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks olezay - I don't recall thinking of it as a telegraph machine as some noted on that thread, but some really great info there for me to consider. I'd been thinking it was something behind the seatbelt where it attaches to the frame, but it did seem closer to the roofline yesterday while I was driving. Honestly, the chirping is so loud and obnoxious from the 2nd row seats that it's hard to focus on the other rattles right now. Definitely concerned that I'm hearing things from driver B and passenger C pillar and it now seems others have had same experience :(

I'm curious if anyone has uncovered an actual JLR tech bulletin on any of these issues that I could bring up with the dealer?
Yeah, I was only able to focus on one particular noise at a time, depending on how annoying that was. B-pillar ticking -> 2nd row seat -> returned B-pillar ticking -> rear side panel -> tailgate rattle -> more noises from rear...............

·
Registered
139 Posts
Has anyone successfully remedied the B pillar ticking sound?

I have had it fixed three times and it is still here!

They did a partial fix. Then weld fix. Then spray foam insulation fix. No luck!

I can reproduce the noise when the car is parked by having the driver door open and open the left rear passenger door all the way. Then close the rear left door slightly... I can hear the same sound loud and clear with my ear on the pilar. I feel and look a little crazy. The sound is drivint me nuts even though it is slight... It is in my left ear.

Should I enact the lemon law... Is this a fluke in just my vehicle? Otherwise I love my Discovery Sport.
I loved my DS too, but the love alone cannot overcome the issues the car has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts