Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and have been looking at used Discovery Sport models. Many times in my search, it's not always explicitly stated in the listing whether or not it's equipped with a particular package. So... from photos, is there a way to tell?

Cold Climate - I look for the rear heated seat buttons or the heated steering wheel button
Audio Upgrade - Look for the Meridian badge
Driver Assist - ??? Is the lane departure button the indicator here?
Vision Assist - ??? Short of a picture showing the surround camera in operation I wasn't sure what to look for here

And generally, any other words of advice as I look?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phone the seller and ask.
Yeah, I have trust issues. LOL. The most recent one I asked about all 4 packages, and the response was "Yep! It has all those things." That's great, but would like to get a little better confirmation before driving 4 hours to look.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, I have trust issues. LOL. The most recent one I asked about all 4 packages, and the response was "Yep! It has all those things." That's great, but would like to get a little better confirmation before driving 4 hours to look.
If it’s a private seller and they’ve owned it from new they may have the original purchase documentation which would show the spec and options. You could ask to see that. The other idea would be to get the VIN and ask LR if they can supply a spec/build sheet for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sadly, you can no longer visit Topix and check the detailed factory build specification list - JLR made a "commercial decision" to remove that information a few years ago .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly, you can no longer visit Topix and check the detailed factory build specification list - JLR made a "commercial decision" to remove that information a few years ago .
Thanks. I found an old thread mentioning Topix and tried to go down that path but quickly discovered (as you pointed out) that they had closed that door. I reached out to JLR via Twitter and they suggested a call to CS if I find one that I want the build sheet on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Disco Sport owner here. I was looking at certified pre-owned Land Rovers, and found a 2018 Discovery Sport HSE Lux that had an unusual set of features that I could not quite pin down to a specific package or trim level. Others I found online did seem to match an item or two. The vehicle had been originally purchased in New Mexico, but was traded in here in Central Florida.

I found and used this thread to try to contact "[email protected]" for original package specifics, but never heard back from them. However, I did manage to use the VIN to get a "duplicate" window sticker for $6.99 from this service:

Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com

It actually helped quite a bit, but now I have another question, as the print out does match what is in my car...mostly. The only difference is that it says it's a "Disovery Sport HSE Lux Dynamic", while the CarFax says "Discovery Sport HSE LUX". What the heck does "Dynamic" specify?

The features and packages all match, except that it says "Front and rear fog lamps", but mine only has rear fog lights..lol. Going to have to install some front ones, but other than that, it was very accurate.

I've attached what I got as a sample. Hope this helps someone else trying to figure out original equipment...and any advice on fog lights for this vehicle appreciated! ;-)

Blue Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts