Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and have been looking at used Discovery Sport models. Many times in my search, it's not always explicitly stated in the listing whether or not it's equipped with a particular package. So... from photos, is there a way to tell?

Cold Climate - I look for the rear heated seat buttons or the heated steering wheel button
Audio Upgrade - Look for the Meridian badge
Driver Assist - ??? Is the lane departure button the indicator here?
Vision Assist - ??? Short of a picture showing the surround camera in operation I wasn't sure what to look for here

And generally, any other words of advice as I look?

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I have trust issues. LOL. The most recent one I asked about all 4 packages, and the response was "Yep! It has all those things." That's great, but would like to get a little better confirmation before driving 4 hours to look.
If it’s a private seller and they’ve owned it from new they may have the original purchase documentation which would show the spec and options. You could ask to see that. The other idea would be to get the VIN and ask LR if they can supply a spec/build sheet for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly, you can no longer visit Topix and check the detailed factory build specification list - JLR made a "commercial decision" to remove that information a few years ago .
Thanks. I found an old thread mentioning Topix and tried to go down that path but quickly discovered (as you pointed out) that they had closed that door. I reached out to JLR via Twitter and they suggested a call to CS if I find one that I want the build sheet on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts