Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and have been looking at used Discovery Sport models. Many times in my search, it's not always explicitly stated in the listing whether or not it's equipped with a particular package. So... from photos, is there a way to tell?

Cold Climate - I look for the rear heated seat buttons or the heated steering wheel button
Audio Upgrade - Look for the Meridian badge
Driver Assist - ??? Is the lane departure button the indicator here?
Vision Assist - ??? Short of a picture showing the surround camera in operation I wasn't sure what to look for here

And generally, any other words of advice as I look?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I have trust issues. LOL. The most recent one I asked about all 4 packages, and the response was "Yep! It has all those things." That's great, but would like to get a little better confirmation before driving 4 hours to look.
If it’s a private seller and they’ve owned it from new they may have the original purchase documentation which would show the spec and options. You could ask to see that. The other idea would be to get the VIN and ask LR if they can supply a spec/build sheet for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly, you can no longer visit Topix and check the detailed factory build specification list - JLR made a "commercial decision" to remove that information a few years ago .
Thanks. I found an old thread mentioning Topix and tried to go down that path but quickly discovered (as you pointed out) that they had closed that door. I reached out to JLR via Twitter and they suggested a call to CS if I find one that I want the build sheet on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Disco Sport owner here. I was looking at certified pre-owned Land Rovers, and found a 2018 Discovery Sport HSE Lux that had an unusual set of features that I could not quite pin down to a specific package or trim level. Others I found online did seem to match an item or two. The vehicle had been originally purchased in New Mexico, but was traded in here in Central Florida.

I found and used this thread to try to contact "[email protected]" for original package specifics, but never heard back from them. However, I did manage to use the VIN to get a "duplicate" window sticker for $6.99 from this service:

Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com

It actually helped quite a bit, but now I have another question, as the print out does match what is in my car...mostly. The only difference is that it says it's a "Disovery Sport HSE Lux Dynamic", while the CarFax says "Discovery Sport HSE LUX". What the heck does "Dynamic" specify?

The features and packages all match, except that it says "Front and rear fog lamps", but mine only has rear fog lights..lol. Going to have to install some front ones, but other than that, it was very accurate.

I've attached what I got as a sample. Hope this helps someone else trying to figure out original equipment...and any advice on fog lights for this vehicle appreciated! ;-)

Blue Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
76 Posts
you don't have front fog lights because it's a 290HP version (probably) in place of these fog lights there is a grille and behind it an additional air cooler

They didn’t come with fog lights because they used that area of the bumper for additional cooling and airflow for the higher output engine / more horse power

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Available on HSE and HSE LUX trim levels, the Dynamic Design Pack features unique front and rear bumpers with integrated rear tailpipes, black accented exterior detailing and gloss black 20-inch wheels. Interior design enhancements include contrast stitched leather seats and gearshift knob, unique carpet mats, metal finish pedals and center dash side panel finishers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I'm new to Land Rovers.

I guess I do have the 286 hp model. There is indeed an auxiliary radiator behind the driver's side front grill where the fog light would be. The passenger side does not have it.

The local Florida dealer we got it from took it in as a one-owner trade, and it was originally purchased in New Mexico. The Land Rover dealer had it listed as as an HSE LUX with the 237 hp engine, but they told me it was an unusual trim level combo they had not encountered previously. The VIN entry for the sticker replication service showed it as a Dynamic, but did not specify engine in the example.

In case it helps someone with the same model-specific question, I also found this thread on this board:

Discovery Sport 2018 - Red Sport Badge - Is it the...

And, various parts lists for Land Rover outlets identify that auxiliary radiator as fitting the 286 hp model specifically:

Radiator & Components for 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport | Land Rover of Raleigh

Product Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

Just got back from a cross-country trip to the desert in New Mexico, Arizona and far west Texas' Chihuahua Desert. The new-to-us Disco performed very well, and was a pleasure to drive in all conditions we encountered.

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Land vehicle

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
729 Posts
So you took the car on a trip back to it's place of initial sale LOL Nice photo I like the palms , since we set a reord low just a few days ago..

So close to the Pacific Ocean to make it a true cross country trip, car drives so nice in the mountains.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So you took the car on a trip back to it's place of initial sale LOL Nice photo I like the palms , since we set a reord low just a few days ago..
Lol...yes, back to the same general area of New Mexico because my wife is a landscape astrophotographer as a hobby. We have another trip planned for July that will have us taking the Disco through NM again, Monument Valley, and then to Joshua Tree, Death Valley, up the PCH to Oregon, over to Badlands NP in South Dakota, and finally down through Colorado and Great Sand Dunes NP on the return loop. :)

This is a pic of the Disco at our campsite at City of Rocks State Park in New Mexico a couple weeks ago just before dawn. It's just an experiment shot I was messing around with, not to her standards. ;-)

Sky Atmosphere World Blue Natural landscape

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
729 Posts
Great Photo(y)

I posted that we hope to visit Death Valley , but in October when it cools down a little.

Have driven the Coast Highway many times, great trip. Once we drove From San Diego all the way back to Canada, it takes a long time because there are so many spots to stop at.

Near Death Valley is the Ancient Bristlecone forest Inyo National Forest - Special Places a spot you should pencil in..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. Sounds good, and we'll check them out, as we have loved the ancient bristlecones in Great Basin NP (Nevada), and Cedar break National Monument on prior trips. We did not get the Milky Way with them, as the groves in both were just too far to hike at night. ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, when detailing our Disco after our recent desert trip, I found a "build slip" (looks like part of the factory process) under the spare tire that identifies it as a L550 "Dynamic". This looks almost exactly like a 2018 Range Rover here:

https://www.landroverpalmbeach.com/...t-dynamic-4wd-sport-utility-salwr2re5ja806768

Like our 2018 Disco, it's the same color, same lack of fog lights, same black package, leather interior. Sort of like a near-twin "big brother" to the HSE Lux Dynamic we have. :)

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts