Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2017 Disco sport. Underneath the headlights, there is a small box. Under my driver side headlight, that box is randomly popped out. It did not come this way, nor did the car receive any damage that would pop it out. Does anyone know how to get it back into place? Or how to?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I believe what you are referring to is the headlight washer. After 4 activations of the windshield washer in a short span of time (as I recall) a little sprayer comes out and sprays the headlights. Occasionally it will get stuck when retracting. A little nudge and all is good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is the headlight washer and option, I also have 2 little doors but tried washing 4 times and they never opened??

M

·
0 Posts
Rimrock - I believe if you have the doors, you have the washers. I know with mine I was unsure whether they actually worked until I happen to notice one of the doors stuck open (driver's side also). From the manual:

The headlight wash feature operates automatically with the windshield wash.
The feature operates every fourth operation of the windshield washers. The feature operates if the headlights are switched on and approximately 10 minutes has elapsed since the last headlight wash.
Switching the headlights or the ignition off and back on again resets the cycle. See LIGHTING CONTROL or SWITCHING OFF THE ENGINE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts