Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, i am checking this accessory for my car, however mine is not equipped with the 12v lighter socket, just the 5v usb right next to the cupholders.

How hard you believe it will be to get 12v from another power source? Anyone tried it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 12V is in the center console.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old thread, I know, but hopefully someone's still paying attention. The link is dead and when I search by vehicle on their site, this one doesn't pop up. A couple universal options that use the 12v are the only results. Assuming it's no longer available, does anyone know of other similar options?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, you can buy it from Aliexpress.

Just search "Qi wireless discovery sport".

I got mine from there too, but the product link is long expired.

My LR electrics guy insisted to add an extra relay for this part, he didn't like the direct connection so I let him add one...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone , I'm interested too for a QI charger but couldn't find any for MY 21/22. My first LR so I don't know yet much about where to look at. Aliexpress and Amazon have chargers for previous models. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Need some help on installing this wireless charger on my 2016 disco in the US. I got the charger and dismantled the center console of my car. But to my utter disappointment, I see the plug on my car does not match with the one that comes with the charger.

Here is a picture of the plugs. The one with the orange color is the one on my car. The rest 2 are from the charger. Any idea how can I get this to work?

Thanks,
Ananth

Watch Automotive lighting Analog watch White Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your response Bill. The problem is I'm not sure if it the right one. I purchased the same charger mentioned in this post. Hence asking if anyone else faced the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, has anyone modified their carqi to use the 12v in the console? I'm finding that it can't keep up with Android auto. Ampere measured the draw while using Android auto to be around 780ma, and the pad can only hot about 480ma while charging.

I thought maybe the 12v would boost it a bit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been noticing the same thing with wireless android auto. The wireless charger just can't keep up. I'm not sure what kind of charger LR is using but it seems like it's probably a 5v only one. Depending on the design, if you feed it 12v you may fry the charger. Of course it may be that there's already 12v feeding the charger and it's just regulating it down. But if you are actually able to pass 12v to the phone, you might fry your phone. Qi can use 12v on the faster chargers but I think it has to negotiate that with the device before it just starts supplying it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts