Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have not seen this, but I think it’s a great idea. Let us know if you install! I’m curious how easy it would be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Open the Center Console armrest, then grab the sides of the console and pull straight up...then work your way forward. Came up pretty easily.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This item actually plugs into the 5V USB next to the cup holder, which is not always hot. I just verified that the charger does not stay active after vehicle shuts down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good question. I just tested that by having a phone on charging pad and another plugged into USB, both the new charger and the USB work simultaneously. The wiring is actually pretty well done to basically piggyback off the USB, not replace it. So far I’m pleased, it works just as advertised.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi.

I am also thinking of buying one for my Disco but, just one doubt. Have you checked that the charger is not consuming from the battery when the car is off/locked? It would be nasty to find the battery drained after few days due to this device.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Rmutchler for the answer. I ordered mine 2 couple of weeks ago but the item is still in transit in China.

I watched the youtube video uploaded by Lockdown where it seems there is an existing power cable hidden under the armrest, however in other posts it is like an adaptor is required to have the charger powered. Is that adaptor required or that power cable is in the car already just waiting for pluging?

BR,
Ventura.
The wiring that comes with the charger has everything you need. You basically unplug the USB power, taking what you unplugged and plug that into the new wiring harness which then plugs back into your USB...then the 3rd end runs to charger. Simple hook up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts