Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had my rims powder coated black. I am beyond thrilled with how they turned out. The car has a much more aggressive sporty stance now, and I think contrasts with the red really well. I also added caliper covers that I had paint matched to the color of the car. I was hesitant to buy a red car, but now I think it looks amazing.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Cloud
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
753 Posts
How do you like the Nexen tires???? I had some on my old SAAB and they could not keep up with the SAAB and always lost grip.

Like the red(y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bill. Admittedly, I wasn't too happy with the red when I first purchased the car. I later discovered that it was the chrome/silverish color trims that were making me unhappy. I changed the badging, grille, side vents, hood accent and now rims all to black and I think the contrast with the red now works well. The caliper covers just add a little bit of that custom edge.

So far, the Nexen tires are working very well. In fact, they are very quiet on the freeway as I commute daily and they handled our Utah snow with no problem at all. No sliding, not getting stuck, etc. And these are "all season", not even "winter". I moved away from BMW and am now trying Land Rover. I am use to using Perrelli, Good Year, and other high name brand tires on my vehicles. This is the first time I am trying Nexen and I am pleasantly surprised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts