Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I know this feature isn't on the car in the US, but my question is regarding getting that grey piece on the hood wrapped to match/complement the rest of your car.

My dealer offers a 3M product that seems high quality to wrap for $270.

I think that with my color combo of Loire Blue + Black, the light grey is really out of place. My problem with the wrap is that there isn't a blue that matches the loire blue 100%. I could go with a gloss black to match the roof, which would look nice. Or a black carbon fiber...which might be cool, but may be overdoing things a little.

Trying to decide if it's worth it, or it I can live with the grey piece, which is really only noticeable from certain angles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Funny, I was been looking around to do the exactly the same thing. We have the blacked out red so it is pretty easy to get a glossy black to match the rest of the black trim.

I was also debating Plastic-Dip as a cheap DIY alternative that would be really easy to take off.

I read on some forums where the wrap took off paint during the removal process.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know if you decide to do anything. I'm still on the fence as I don't really notice the piece all that much after a few days of driving

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have gloss black wrapped for all 3 pieces - hood airbag cover, front and rear under sheilds. They look great with rest of the black design package. It cost me 250 for all btw. Where in us are you?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MN. My front and rear shields are already black, I think they've been color matching them for the 2016 with black pack. Did you get the wrapping done through the dealer?

·
Registered
242 Posts
yes, for 2016 models they change the undersheilds to matte black to match the bumpers for black pack. but the airbag cover is still grey. no, I got it done at a shop that specializes in car wrap. I notice the gloss back finish really gives the car a more expensive appeal, so if a shop isn't charging too much you may consider to have the undershields wrapped as well if you're having the airbag cover done at the same time. and btw, I also have my bumpers and side skirts painted to match body color. it is a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yes, for 2016 models they change the undersheilds to matte black to match the bumpers for black pack. but the airbag cover is still grey. no, I got it done at a shop that specializes in car wrap. I notice the gloss back finish really gives the car a more expensive appeal, so if a shop isn't charging too much you may consider to have the undershields wrapped as well if you're having the airbag cover done at the same time. and btw, I also have my bumpers and side skirts painted to match body color. it is a much cleaner look.
Will you post some photos? I kind of wondered why the underskirts were silver/chrome when other things were black on my black pack. Thx.

·
Registered
258 Posts
here is a rear shot of my car. undershield and license plate panel are both wrapped in gloss black
Thanks. I now recall seeing them before in another post. ;-). You were discussing how to be careful about the exhaust tips because plastic will melt and you have to use the right kind of paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts