Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the parking assist automatically come on when parking nose first into a space? I know it comes on when backing in, but you have to push the button to activate when pulling nose first. On my Infiniti if you pulled into a parking slot nose first and the sensors picked up an obstruction the parking assist and front camera came on automatically - you have to push the parking assist button manually on the DS...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would like that answer also. Had it on my XC-60. I do believe that with the computer software it can be done, I asked the dealer but they said no, not possible. My son has a VW Jetta and he has the software to get into the computer and he can change anything. The chord was the big expense I think he paid over 200.00 for it. Not much out there in Google land on these questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The VW Tool is called VAG-COM. The software can be downloaded for free because the "copy protection" is in the cable itself. It is really amazing. I've used it many times for various things.

On the Land Rover there are similar systems available but are much, much more expensive than the VAG-COM or are tied to only one VIN. I have one of these that I use on my LR3...called the IIDTool. I am unsure if it will work with the DS (never even checked) but even if it does work with it, I'd need to register and pay for a license so it will work with the DS VIN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I able to add front parking sensors/assist if I don't already have them, even if it means replacing the entire bumper? Thanks, in advanced (2017 LR Discovery Sport)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts