Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

One of the few frustrations with my 2018 HSE DS is that the parking aid graphic pops up and overrides the reversing camera just when I want and most need the camera visuals.
Anyone else got this glitch and/or know a fix?

thanks!

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
774 Posts
Are you saying that the backup picture disappears completely or the backup alert is partially over the backup picture?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying that the backup picture disappears completely or the backup alert is partially over the backup picture?
I'll have the rear camera display shown as I reverse into a parking space (for example) but when the proximity sensors pickup something then I lose the camera and instead get the graphic like the one attached. Regardless of settings, it seems like the car defaults to the graphic display rather than the camera the moment it detects anything in the vicinity. I sort of get the logic but I'd prefer an option to retain the camera visuals in those circumstances.

The parking graphic also has a small camera icon as if that would toggle the camera vision on/off but it seems to do nothing for me.

Any help appreciated
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Steering part Auto part

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
774 Posts
Ironically almost the same thing happened to me yesterday. I was driving through a very narrow gap and it appeared that both my front and rear sensors detected an obstacle and the take care screen popped up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts