Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a Disco Sport with a panoramic roof.
Never had a car with such a roof before nor cared much about having one.
Some say it is a problem, others that it is a fun thing.

What is your experience with it? Is it really something you enjoy having
and could not live without it and if so why? and how?

If it is a problem, why do you think it is, what kind of problems
you had with it or you think it can have a potential for problems
and expenses?

Should I get a car with or without it?
If you have one with it, would you buy a car with it again or pass?
If you don't have one, are you sorry you passed and if you were to buy a car all over again
would you insist on having one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally really love not having a panoramic roof. My Discovery Sport has a black headliner with full black interior, and in my opinion since the cabin is so dark, the contrast provides a better view of the road for me both day and night.

I had a Discovery Sport loner for a bit which had the panoramic roof and I noticed that when it was open, the sunlight coming from above created a glare from above my head which added to the light coming from the windshield and other windows as well - it was overwhelming. In addition, if the panoramic roof was open at night, the light piercing in from the streetlights above were also very annoying.

So 99% of the time I had that loaner I had the panoramic roof closed. It was also during the summer and I noticed that the loaner cabin was significantly hotter than my Discovery Sport during the day, which was probably the result of having a huge window pane fixed up above.

That and personally, having the peace of mind that if my Discovery Sport were to ever roll over fatally that the roof wouldn't shatter into a million pieces exposing my head, but rather still have a piece of metal above as protection.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did not want to get the pano roof when buying our DS, but we liked the features and the full leather of the HSE so we went with it. It really doesn't make a difference for those who sit in the front. If the shade is open, you still cannot get the full effect of the pano roof. But if you are in the back it is impressive.

I drive with the shade closed most of the time. That said, when I was sitting in the back while driving through the mountains and Yosemite, the views were amazing from the back. It was worth it then.

Since we didn't have a choice of no pano in the HSE, I can't complain. If you don't care for all leather seats. Id say go with the SE rather than the HSE and just add the features you want that came standard with the HSE. But you won't be kicking yourself if you got the pano roof.

I have had no problems with the roof. since it does not open, I'm not really worried about it leaking, although it still may be a possibility. Its super quiet (especially against our Skyglider on the Jeep Liberty-plagued with problems)

You will enjoy your purchase IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keeps the kids in the back very happy and not staring at iPads when going for scenic drives in the forest. I like the starlight coming through it at night.

Its a beautiful thing, but no, you don't *need* it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buna ziua. Sunt nou pe acest forum. Am o intrebare pentru cei cunoscatori in ale Discovery Sport. Stie cineva daca se poate comanda plafon panoramic cu deschidere sau macar o trapa ?
Va multumesc anticipat

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am a huge fan of natural light so the pano roof was definitely on our "must have's" list. I would have preferred a slightly smaller pano roof with the option to open but we're still a happy customers.

Also, I carry a ton of stuff on my roof rack so being able to keep an eye on it from time to time provides a little piece of mind.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I never see my pano roof because I never open the shade.

Sort of a waste, but then the HSE trim has it..

Reactions: loire17

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like my pano roof, but here's a downside: a stone cracked the roof on the freeway in LA. Its a $5,000 fix. ouch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same as 4sallypat, I don't open it, it came with the HSE package.
But the screen cover (inside) is nice and hides it well, I can't tell there is any light on the topside.
So even if you like the view up, you can still close the "blinds" when you need to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts