Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I got the famous engine light a couple of weeks ago, I bought a bluedriver scanner and violá, this is what is wrong.
I'm planning to take the car to the shop soon, but I was wondering how bad this code is and what implications it could have in the car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It may have been a one time thing but it could cause the engine to run lean . "This code is usually a minor annoyance, depending on the source of the failure. If it isn’t corrected soon, it can cause some significant engine damage. A lean air fuel mixture can burn valves, cause overheating and damage cylinder walls and or pistons if left unrepaired." quote from a repair site.

I would take to a shop and have it looked at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may have been a one time thing but it could cause the engine to run lean . "This code is usually a minor annoyance, depending on the source of the failure. If it isn’t corrected soon, it can cause some significant engine damage. A lean air fuel mixture can burn valves, cause overheating and damage cylinder walls and or pistons if left unrepaired." quote from a repair site.

I would take to a shop and have it looked at.
Thanks Bill! I'm taking to the shop on Monday to take a closer look at it. I'll be back with updates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts