Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Discovery Sport with 101k. 100 miles after my warranty expired I got a check engine light. Code is saying P00C6 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low Engine Cranking. I took it to my local Land Rover dealer and they are saying the turbo needs to be replaced for 5k. I am experiencing a loss of power but I'm questioning what code is being thrown vs. what their diagnosis is. Since the light came on, I experienced one time that the car would not start as normal. Took a long time to turn over but did eventually. I've been driving it for about 3 weeks since the check engine light came on. Is it possible its fuel related rather than turbo? Anyone hear have the turbo go out and know what the code was for it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
The turbo has nothing to do with fuel pressure. I had injectors changed out at one dealer and soon after had codes for more misfires and fuel pressure. . The other injectors changed out along with a hose that had been installed wrong at first dealer.
Turbo will have nothing to do with starting but will give terrible driving performance if it fails. It is possible that your primary fuel pump is at fault as well, but look for fuel problem first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turbo has nothing to do with fuel pressure. I had injectors changed out at one dealer and soon after had codes for more misfires and fuel pressure. . The other injectors changed out along with a hose that had been installed wrong at first dealer.
Turbo will have nothing to do with starting but will give terrible driving performance if it fails. It is possible that your primary fuel pump is at fault as well, but look for fuel problem first.
Thanks Bill. Yeah, that is what did not make sense to me either. The car does drive terrible and you can tell that the turbo is not kicking in, but I could not understand why it is throwing that code. My local dealer did not address any fuel issue concerns when they diagnosed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts