Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did some searches on here and didn't see anything regarding this issue. However, when i google around i see that this appears to be a common problem.

Does anyone on here have the issue were the temperature gauge drops down to -32 degrees or some random low number. When this happens its impossible to get the AC to work since the AC seems to be tied to the temp gauge. It just blows out hot air. I make this post for two reasons first is has anyone had this and had it fixed? Second reason is according to the thread below LR knows of this issue and is working on a software fix that has either come out or is coming out.

Here is another thread talking about it as recently as yesterday.
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5503&start=10

·
Registered
106 Posts
We've started having this issue intermittently lately on our 2017 HSE. The other night I was just shuffling the cars around in the driveway and it said it was -40 (centigrade) outside. Yes, this is Canada, but it was actually around +20! Didn't have to drive any distance, so I wasn't affected by it, and the next morning it was accurate again. One other time I've also seen an odd temperature, but it's cleared itself.

If this becomes a common occurrence I'll definitely contact the dealer, but for now there would be no way for them to confirm the issue when it happens so rarely.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've started having this issue intermittently lately on our 2017 HSE. The other night I was just shuffling the cars around in the driveway and it said it was -40 (centigrade) outside. Yes, this is Canada, but it was actually around +20! Didn't have to drive any distance, so I wasn't affected by it, and the next morning it was accurate again. One other time I've also seen an odd temperature, but it's cleared itself.

If this becomes a common occurrence I'll definitely contact the dealer, but for now there would be no way for them to confirm the issue when it happens so rarely.
So ours does the exact same thing 2017 HSE. It doesnt happen all the time but probably 10 times since i have owned it (oct 2016). It has acted up more recently for us though. I wouldnt even think twice since it generally resets itself but with the air conditioning being tied to the temp gauge it is a must fix for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hight Temperatures causes car to fail

Hi Guys, with have a discovery Sport and this is the second time that the dealer has taken it back to fix an issue when the temperature outside is over 42 degrees (Very hot). The dashboard light up like a Christmas tree and the power steering turns off. The car becomes very heavy to drive.

The dealer has outlined that this has never happened before with these cars but based on this forum it looks like this happens more often.

Has anyone experienced this issue and how was it resolved.

Cheers

Kim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts