Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure, coming from a Discovery 4 with Air Suspension, the more rubber on the road on a smaller model will give more of a 'cushioned' ride as it were.. Hence the order in for a 'bog' standard 18" alloy wheel for an R Dynamic HSE with a few extras... (full matrix LED headlights for example) to give it a bit more prescence.... hopefully.

But I'm still 'iffy' on the wheel size - I'm assured by the dealer, what I'm looking for is right, (well they would wouldn't they!) - giving an even more comfortable ride and the tyre will fit the wheel arch proportionately .....!! Any thoughts?.... I've still got a few weeks before I cannot change the build (delivery expected end of July 20021)....

I'm not into wheel size for 'flashiness' just for comfort (and ... OK..... just a bit of 'bling'). any thoughts please?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
562 Posts
Less rubber on 20 inch wheels gives more stability on highways and higher speed, more rubber on the 18 inch gives a softer ride and better traction in snow and mud.
The final diameter of rim and rubber is the same so the wheel well is filled up.

I have the 19 inch tires and pleased with both highway driving and ice and snow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a P300e some month ago (and will get it next Saturday !) and I have chosen 18" wheels... for the confort too. My current DS (Diesel) is already in 18". I have never compared 18, 19 and 20" but the impact on confort is straight forward !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses fellas ... much appreciated - feel more confident getting 'teeny' alloys now.

Looking forward to your photos PYT .... Colour? Spec? any extra bits?

Will I be disappointed with the DS as against the D4 do you think? - I was when I drove a DS back in 2015 before going for the D4 instead of the DS. Mind you - circumstances have changed quite a bit. Rarely need the 7 seats as the Grand Children got older!.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a 300e out - with 20" wheels - ride OK and looked better I thought - so changed the order up to 20"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts