Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ordered a 2017 Discovery Sport HSE LUX with the Dynamic design pack. This is our first SUV and we are coming from sports cars so a little nervous and a little excited haha. Our delivery is set for May 2017 to line up with the end of an existing lease. Once I get my post count up I will post some pictures. In the meantime, we chose white with the black pack. With the dynamic styling its slightly different bumpers as well.

Thanks for all of the great information on this forum. This forum was a big help in deciding which SUV to spring for. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
We just got a 2017 dynamic design package black with white interior. Love the package i think its totally worth the money.

Besides the fact that my car has been in and out of the shop since the week i bought it we love it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice choice! Coming from sports cars, I sure hope you guys had extended test drives in the DS - otherwise you might be in for a bit of a shock... :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice choice! Coming from sports cars, I sure hope you guys had extended test drives in the DS - otherwise you might be in for a bit of a shock... :)
We have had 3 fairly decent test drives now and it is a whole different world of driving for me :( haha We are trading speed and craziness for comfort and usability haha. However, we did add the adaptive suspension to our build so hopefully there is a good balance there somewhere. Also, my wife has always been nervous to drive our CLA45 so hopefully she will feel comfortable behind the wheel of an SUV.
@jabba1900 I noticed in another post you're also from Toronto...which dealer did you purchase from? We ended up at Coventry.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had mine now for 2 months love it. drives nice no rattles welcome to the family
This is a great build and likely the color I would have chosen. My wife really liked the storm trooper look and it was essentially her turn to pick the next car so I had no choice ;) haha. I also love the dynamic styling!

·
Registered
73 Posts
GEE WIZ, Now I'm thinking, did I get the wrong color????

·
Registered
106 Posts
We have had 3 fairly decent test drives now and it is a whole different world of driving for me :( haha We are trading speed and craziness for comfort and usability haha. However, we did add the adaptive suspension to our build so hopefully there is a good balance there somewhere. Also, my wife has always been nervous to drive our CLA45 so hopefully she will feel comfortable behind the wheel of an SUV.
@jabba1900 I noticed in another post you're also from Toronto...which dealer did you purchase from? We ended up at Coventry.
My wife loves the DS, but she misses the instant responsiveness of our old Protege. I'm sure your wife will go through a similar adjustment coming from a "crazy" CLA45. :)

We went to Coventry, but we weren't able to get a price we were happy with. Ended up at Thornhill where they beat Coventry's price by quite a margin. However, I think it depends heavily on the sales guy you have. At Coventry we were in late in the evening and there was only a young junior sales guy there and I assume he just didn't have the leeway to work the price for us. At Thornhill we worked with a senior fleet guy and he could do everything on the fly without getting the sales manager involved - very smooth.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife loves the DS, but she misses the instant responsiveness of our old Protege. I'm sure your wife will go through a similar adjustment coming from a "crazy" CLA45. :)

We went to Coventry, but we weren't able to get a price we were happy with. Ended up at Thornhill where they beat Coventry's price by quite a margin. However, I think it depends heavily on the sales guy you have. At Coventry we were in late in the evening and there was only a young junior sales guy there and I assume he just didn't have the leeway to work the price for us. At Thornhill we worked with a senior fleet guy and he could do everything on the fly without getting the sales manager involved - very smooth.
Oddly enough I went in the complete reverse you did haha. Started at thornhill and they were not willing to budge on anything so we ventured over to Coventry. I think you hit the nail on the head...all depends on what sales staff you get at the time of the visit.

Being that you're from Toronto...if you ever see a guy in a CLA45 giving you a thumbs up or complimenting your ride, its probably me. I get so excited when I see other discovery's on the road.
:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go Leafs Go!!!

Reactions: Jsquared

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oddly enough I went in the complete reverse you did haha. Started at thornhill and they were not willing to budge on anything so we ventured over to Coventry. I think you hit the nail on the head...all depends on what sales staff you get at the time of the visit.

Being that you're from Toronto...if you ever see a guy in a CLA45 giving you a thumbs up or complimenting your ride, its probably me. I get so excited when I see other discovery's on the road.
:)
I'll keep a lookout for you! :D

Not that many of them around in Toronto, so we also get excited whenever we see one and the kids just go nuts in the backseat! Oddly enough we saw more of them in Montreal.

We kind of like that it's a bit of a unique ride - makes it stand out more, but at the same time we also want it to be popular so we are more likely to get more models in the future (diesel please!) - conondrum...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just received the formal build date from the dealer! March 17, 2017 my rig hits the assembly line. Now fingers crossed they can get the vehicle into Canada by May 24th when my existing lease ends or else its off to Discount rental I go haha.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just received the formal build date from the dealer! March 17, 2017 my rig hits the assembly line. Now fingers crossed they can get the vehicle into Canada by May 24th when my existing lease ends or else its off to Discount rental I go haha.
You should be ok
Mine was built on december 18 (2015) and I took delivery on last feb 11. From what I remember, it took about 3weeks from the factory in Halewood to the port of Southampton, 10 days for the ship to sail to Halifax NS and about 3-4 weeks to get it by train from Halifax to Montreal.

Those were very loooooong days and weeks! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should be ok
Mine was built on december 18 (2015) and I took delivery on last feb 11. From what I remember, it took about 3weeks from the factory in Halewood to the port of Southampton, 10 days for the ship to sail to Halifax NS and about 3-4 weeks to get it by train from Halifax to Montreal.

Those were very loooooong days and weeks! :)
This is comforting news, thank you very much! I had to wait 7 months from order to delivery of my existing vehicle so I can relate to the painful weeks of waiting. Thankfully I was able to track the boat my car was on so that provided some relief haha.

Did you do the land rover experience in Montreal? @Cyclope

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes I did it last november, in Montebello (halfway between Montreal and Ottawa). Really enjoyed it, those vehicles are amazingly tough!

It was mid november so not much water to get into! But the ride in dense wood were really fun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes I did it last november, in Montebello (halfway between Montreal and Ottawa). Really enjoyed it, those vehicles are amazingly tough!

It was mid november so not much water to get into! But the ride in dense wood were really fun.
Tell us more! How does it work?

I've heard that as a new LR owner you are eligible for a free half-day session. For how long after taking ownership is this valid? Is it easy to book it? Can you upgrade to full day? Can you do the experience as part of a stay in the resort? Would love to hear more!

We are considering this, but would do it as part of a stay at the resort. Just haven't had time to look into it in detail yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Agreed @Cyclope ... tell us more and post photos if you have any haha.

Our sales rep mentioned we would have this opportunity but provided little detail at time of order.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts