Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
753 Posts
When I replaced mine after 4 years ( very sight lines after a wipe) I priced several brands and none fitted the same way so I went with OEM. On sale at dealer and cost about $20 more for all 3 wipers installed. I got free coffee and a muffin while waiting as well.
Why are your blades worn out??? I live in a rain forest LOL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am going to replace all the wipers soon. I replaced the front ones with aftermarket parts about 2 years ago, but they look too thin so I will use genuine this time.

$89 would be a good deal? What do you think?

·
Administrator
753 Posts
Have you phoned the dealer for a price? $89 seems like a good price for all 3.. The rear wiper is tricky to change out , but so easy once you do it one time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I haven't used Rain X on my DS but on an old car I had once, I was on a long trip and I think it was on a Sunday evening my wipers quit working in a heavy storm. Parts stores and garages were closed so I decided to try getting some Rain X at a gas station and see if it worked well enough to let me keep going. It did. I made it a couple hundred more miles to my in-laws house, spent the night, got a new wiper motor in the morning and got the wipers fixed. It's probably not exactly legal but I had no trouble seeing even in pretty heavy rain so Rain X has my approval.

·
Administrator
753 Posts
I have used the Rain X windshield washer solution and it seems to work very well especially the winter formulation, in fact that is what I have in the car today.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just visited a local dealership for a different reason and asked about the quote for replacing all 3 wipers. It would be $160-ish. Not very expensive but still I can save some bucks by DIY.

·
Administrator
753 Posts
Hi when I posted it was $20 more, then the same at a auto shop for aftermarket. Landrover installed for free.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On a 2021 Need to replace original wiper blades. Do you recommend Land Rover part, or an aftermarket wiper blade?
We replaced our fronts with the highest tier wipers available at Advance Auto. They fit fine, appearance is ok, and wipe as well as the OEM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts