Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there... probably a really stupid question but I'm about to buy a set of 18" OEM Disco rims to put some winter tires on.. There's no issue with that correct? Ive got an HSE with stock 19" rims on there now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont see why that would be a problem as long as you get the appropriately sized tires. Have seen quite a few posts on the UK DS forum changing rim sizes up or down (along with getting TPMS sensors or being prepared for TPMS error messages)

·
Registered
588 Posts
18" with winter tires are a great idea.
Just remember if you don't pay for a set of TPMS sensors, you will get a warning constantly on your instrument cluster display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 4sallypat... and thanks for the great website on the other thread. Yeah, ill see how much they charge for the TPMS sensors (i think they run about 123 from LR) but Im leaning towards not installing them... i can live with the warning for the winter months for $500.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes I bought the TPMS on ebay as well. Reviews were very good and the seller was pretty quick to communicate. Will get them next week and see how it goes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
18" with winter tires are a great idea.
Just remember if you don't pay for a set of TPMS sensors, you will get a warning constantly on your instrument cluster display.
Actually the warning only appears on startup and you can just hit OK and it disappears. I suppose there's some small warning light that stays on, but it's not much of a distraction.

We drove all last winter without TPMS sensors and it was no problem at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone.. i put some brand new second hand OEM 18"s on with some Michelin X-ice winters (245-60-r18) and LOVE them.... dry road or snow they handle like a dream.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks everyone.. i put some brand new second hand OEM 18"s on with some Michelin X-ice winters (245-60-r18) and LOVE them.... dry road or snow they handle like a dream.
Wow, congrats on the purchase, man! What did you do about the sensors though, have you put on a kit off e-bay or you put it in without the tpms'?
Cause I am planning to get a set of new winter wheels+tires as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts