Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New today to this forum. Just acquired '18 DS HSE Lux 2 days ago. Not new to the brand. My first was an '03 Hippo bought new, ran that for nearly 240K miles, rust prevailed. Since then, RR Classic, RR P38, RR L322. Combined miles on these over 500K. Keeping the Classic, selling either the P38 or L322, need one of them for the heavy lifting duties and getting in the mud.

Land Rovers will often confound you, but if you maintain properly and change fluids religiously and way before the book schedule, life will be much better. Have always been able to get home, except for a broken axle once and a failed crankshaft position sensor. All Land Rovers want and need GOOD VOLTAGE. That means, your battery and charging system in good health will often keep you from seeing random messages, failures and warning lights. More sensitive to this than any other vehicle I have had.

There will always be a Rover in my driveway, nothing else like them on the planet. Actually have to modify my intro sentence, my first Rover was a 1966 2000TC sedan. Had to dust off that memory!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill, hope to make good use of the forum. The RR forum has been very helpful over the years as you might imagine.

The Classic and the P38 have the Buick V8 DNA, the Classic is the 3.9 and my P38 is the Bosch 4.0 variant. Sturdy powerplants, and pretty simple.L322 has the Jag 5.0 with massive power. The 2000TC if I remember correctly had a 4 cyl. derived from a Leyland tractor, with OHV. Later Rover sedans had either a 4 from somewhere or the 3.5 Buick. It had a DeDion rear suspension with inboard disc brakes. Front springs were mounted horizontally in the top of the fender well, operated by a lever, to gain anti-dive properties. It also had a bumper mounted sensor to detect icing. It was built like a tank, very advanced for its time. It also was true to the Land Rover Motto: "Proudly Turning Drivers Into Mechanics Since 1948"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts