Discovery Sport Forum banner

Not impressed with my Evoque loaner

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  petcha 
#1 ·
So I had to leave the DS with the local dealer last night for them to do some work with the ticking/rattles in the pillars.
They gave me a '15 Evoque with around 26K miles on the ODO for a loaner.

Two words: Not impressed.

Transmission feels a *little* smoother, but nothing incredible.
I have to say, I got used to the DS, and I knew how to get it to operate for me.

Whole car feels like it has more get up and go, but pretty sure that's because it's so small and its the same engine.
The Evoque actually feels quite light, I like the rather heavy planted feel of the DS alot more.

Interior, while "nice", just felt cramped overall, and the air vents/center layout just doesn't work as well for me.

I can't wait to have my DS back. :p

See less See more
#7 ·
I've thought the Evoque loaners I've gotten have all been really fun to drive, a "more spirited drive", according to my service guy :)

The slight performance improvement doesn't make up for the cramped interior and terrible visibility though. I do like/love the evoque seats and the stitching on the upper dash + higher end plastics would be welcome improvements to the DS interior. Although I guess the extra $$ for the Evoque has to go somewhere, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.