Discovery Sport Forum banner

No satellite radio ID?...

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bill F 
#1 ·
I just bought a new Discovery Sport (2016.5). With the voice commands, I can get to a screen that shows Sirius XM on the radio/nav screen. But nothing comes up when I touch "I" for info to get a radio ID. I called Sirius XM and they can't find a radio ID associated with my VIN number. Dealer says I don't have satellite radio, but on other forums I found online others have had this problem and located a Sirius receiver in the back cargo area. I opened the side panel in the back cargo area and didn't see any module that says anything about satellite radio but I'm no tech expert. Very frustrated that a luxury brand like Land Rover doesn't make satellite radio a standard. But do I have it?...or not?? Service dept. was no help whatsoever.

Any advice? Want to avoid buying an unsightly external reliever with a bunch of ugly wires hanging out of it...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
erindh - I also have a 2016, but have the audio upgrade package which include the Sirius satellite radio (the standard audio did not include satellite). I'm not sure whether the radio screen shows satellite even if not equipped.

#4 ·
erindh - Go to the media settings and select radio. There should be an option at the bottom for subscription if you have satellite radio which will provide the radio ID number.

#5 ·
I'm in the same boat and have tried everything just like you. Called and tried to find a Satellite number associated with my brand new Disccovery for at least 30 minutes, nothing worked. It wasn't until my service checkup that someone from Dealership finally confirmed for me it is not capable of being installed in my car and I'll have to go through my iPhone app to use it.

It's the only thing I'm upset about with the car. But, have to move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.