Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am driving my new Discovery Sport P300e, MY 2020, for 3 months.
I am Ok with it; Hybrid is decent; but I noticed the central rear-view mirror doesn't have a night mode or doesn't dim itself automatically.
By night, it is very annoying because the lights of the cars behind me dazzeled me. Sometimes, I even have to twist the mirror to the ceiling to vaid being blinded.
My car doesn't have the "ClearSight rear-view mirror" described in the manual online.
There isn't any button on my mirror

Did anybody face the same issue? Isn't the night mode mandatory on a rear-view mirror?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am driving my new Discovery Sport P300e, MY 2020, for 3 months.
I am Ok with it; Hybrid is decent; but I noticed the central rear-view mirror doesn't have a night mode or doesn't dim itself automatically.
By night, it is very annoying because the lights of the cars behind me dazzeled me. Sometimes, I even have to twist the mirror to the ceiling to vaid being blinded.
My car doesn't have the "ClearSight rear-view mirror" described in the manual online.
There isn't any button on my mirror

Did anybody face the same issue? Isn't the night mode mandatory on a rear-view mirror?

Thank you
Hi there, slightly off topic but I am thinking of ordering the p300e but am worried about reliability record of LR. How have you found the car please? Any and all much detailed advice would be much appreciated! Very few owner reviews around to help me...
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, slightly off topic but I am thinking of ordering the p300e but am worried about reliability record of LR. How have you found the car please? Any and all much detailed advice would be much appreciated! Very few owner reviews around to help me...
Thanks
Hi, so far so good, but I only have the car for 3 months and drove only 3000km, on highways and in the city.

The good:

*Engine is very responsive and very very powerful when you accelerate: especially in the city, probably thanks to the combined hybrid engine; and it is good on highway
  • "Full Electric" mode is Ok with 50km autonomy
  • Up to 80km/h, the car is very very silent even with the petrol engine.
  • Car is very comfortable, at the front and teh back: good seats and good shock absorbers
  • I faced some snows and mud. The car managed it perfectly, much better than my previous SUVs 4x4
  • Boot is a good size, bigger than I expected on a Hybrid and compared to the similar hybrid cars I tried

The bad (while I compare it to my previous Mercedes GLC and BMW X3, which I kept for 2 years for each of them) :
  • Overall autonomy is very low: with the 57 liters standard tank, I can only drive 550km maximum on highway and while staying within the speed limits. Actually, I will hit the reserve by 490km on a highway. City consumption on petrol only seems to be around 18-20 L/100km.
  • Car is much noisier than the GLC and the X3 as soon as you reach 120km/h
  • I am facing the usual software issues for a new car and for a new model: GPS map can't be updated, the app "LandRover remote" doesn't work properly (can't open the car with the app, can't heat remotely, can't trigger the alarm...). Customer support helped me but I need to drop my car to the shop to upgrade the software... they will also change my central rear-view mirror.
  • It is difficult to understand the autonomy: on a long journey in which you put your destination, the car will decide how to use the hybrid and you can't understand if you have enough petrol before you arrive. My guess is the software uses most of the hybrid battery for the first kilometers then do something to recharge the battery just before you arrive. It is uncomfortable because from 100km to 500km you have almost zero electric autonomy left, you think you have to refuel then suddenly you get full electric autonomy... It is weird and you need to get used to it. It forced me to refuel a few times while it was not necessary. It happened a couple of times on highways on which i was always keeping a constant speed and it was a flat road. Car's manual doesn't say that the motor recharges the Hybrid battery (it only does when you break).. hence I don't understand how does this work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts