Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those looking at selling or buying from an online car retailer, consider switching from Carmax that i have typically used over the years to Carvana.

I was looking at selling / trading in my current leased Land Rover Discovery Sport to avoid having car inspected then face charges and a disposition fee (if not returning to JLR)....

Normally I would go to Carmax and they would make a cash offer. Well for some reason, the DS came in very low and I was upside down.

Not to be disappointed, I went online to Carvana and input the VIN and options into their pages, noted condition, upgrades, etc...
Carvana came back with a $2500 higher cash out price than Carmax which it instantly became positive equity!
I can actually sell the car to Carvana and pocket some cash while getting the car sold and avoid any lease end charges or disposition fee!

What's super nice about Carvana is that they will come and pick up the car, cut you or the bank a check without having to endure a physical inspection at Carmax!

Has anyone used other services like Vroom or Carvana ???

·
Registered
113 Posts
cool info - thanks.
I always have used my used car as a trade-in while picking up a new one at the dealership
On one side I know it is a hassle as I have to in fact negotiate two ways (dealers always offer some ridiculous number).... but on the other side - everything is done at the same time....(kind off...since I never bought a car in one visit....I ALWAYS walk out - and they always call me back) :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool info - thanks.
I always have used my used car as a trade-in while picking up a new one at the dealership
On one side I know it is a hassle as I have to in fact negotiate two ways (dealers always offer some ridiculous number).... but on the other side - everything is done at the same time....(kind off...since I never bought a car in one visit....I ALWAYS walk out - and they always call me back) :D
Good point!

I used to take a CarMax quote when ever I went in for a trade in with a dealer so that I knew the dealer could not undercut the trade.

But now I can take a Carvana quote instead and get more on the trade than before plus I don't have to negotiate because the Carvana quote is also good for 7days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts