Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great with the wider width. Looking to get a set of Blizzaks as well but thinking of sticking to stock size 235/55/19 as I have the 19" rims.
Do you worry about the constant mount/dismount of the tires on the same rim? Can't decide if I want to get a separate set of rims or not as not many options out there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I reuse the same rims with 2 set of tires due to costs.
I gave it thought about having 2 sets of wheels...
:|
If you have the money to get a separate set of rims so that you have 2 separate sets that is the best.
However, keep in mind that buying 4 sets of TPMS sensors may put the price way over budget.
Last I checked a set of OE TPMS was $500. :eek:
Oh I hadn't considered the cost of TPMS sensors for the new set of wheels! Those sensors are pretty expensive! If the wheels don't have them, will our cars just throw an error? Can it be disabled in the menu?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Everyone

I have an HSE with 19" rims, but just bought a set of 18" OEM rims that im going to put new winter tires on.. Do i need need to go to ___-60-r18 or go ___-55-r19 to keep the speedo reading correctly?
I assume your -55r19 was a typo as you have a set of 18" rims, you cannot mount 19" tires on there. Use the calculator 4sallypat posted. The stock size for 18" on the DS is 235/60/R18. I'll be going down to this size as well for winters. Just finalizing on my tire selection and rim choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts