Discovery Sport Forum banner

New Rear Brakes at 30K Miles??

12K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jsquared 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2017 Discovery Sport HSE last April with 14K miles as a Certified Pre Owned vehicle. At the time the inspection report showed front and rear brakes at 8mm and tires were all fine. Last week my brake pad wear light came on and I already had service scheduled for my 30K checkup. During the inspection rear brakes came in at 3mm (needing replaced) and rear tires were cupped (also needing replaced). Front brakes and tires were fine, in fact the recent inspection had front brakes at 9mm.

So.....how is it possible to go from 8mm to 3mm in 16K miles on rear brakes only? The car has been driving perfectly, wheels and tires in balance and properly pressured the whole time.

The repair was $1500ish for the tires and brakes....should Land Rover cover this as it is a CPO vehicle?

Any advice appreciated.

#7 · (Edited)
this forum is already full of weird issues and this is yet another one.... I really think that the Discovery Sport was some sort of premature failure project that wasn't actually slotted for release but JLR execs saw $$$ by competing in the highly attractive category and decided to launch the vehicle despite the fact that it wasn't ready for the consumers.

I mean all forums have people complain and as a very loyal and long time owner of multiple Audis and having friends who own other vehicles - you hear about issues - but most of them are "systemic"...meaning that the same issue appears across a large number of cars and once fixed - you are good for many, many months if not years until another things breaks ....but here, with the Disco Sport...it's all over..... I have never seen so many weird, random and difficult to resolve issues in single model.....

It's like MS Windows Me all over ..... you never know what error you will get next....

#8 ·
My rear brakes started to chirp whenever I drove over cracks in the road at around 30,000kms(at first I thought it was suspension issue). When I took the vehicle in I was told there was a failing component on the braking system and a recall was currently active on the system for it. I honestly cannot recall what the failing component was but they replaced my rear brakes immediately at no cost.

If anyone here would like, I can probably take a few minutes to look for the service report and provide more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.