Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Oct of 18 I bought my wife a Discovery Sport without doing any research. Stupid me but I never thought a car could be so poorly designed. Coming from a Genesis what dramatic difference and unfortunately in the wrong direction. Before any problems occurred I recognized how there was nothing really intuitive about the layout all the way down to the placement of the coffee cup holder which is placed so far back it's awkward to get your cup out of and drive at the same time. Enough about the rough ride and overly sensitive brakes, but shouldn't you be able be pretty much repair free for the first 30K? At least that's been by experience with BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Lexus and Genesis(Hyundai). So when the steering went out at 10K(had to be towed) we were told it was a software issue but when we went to pick it died in the parking lot. Left the car and was called a few days later and was told the column needed to be replaced. OK, didn't feel great about my wife driving around knowing the steering had gone out once before, but lets give them a chance. A year later she's driving down the road and hears a bang and is forced off the road. Has to get towed again. This time we were told that a bolt had broken on the front brakes because "Someone" had put after market brakes on it and it was our fault. I really wasn't exactly kind to the fellow that called me but really, why would I need, yet alone put brakes of any kind on a relatively new car? After a good chewing out they called back and apologized about how the tech was mistaken and other BS and our car was ready to pick up. Well it was trouble free for a whole couple months and the brake light came on again! At least it didn't force her off the road this time so I took it in and now they say the rear brakes need replacing at 23K!!! Unbelievable!!! This is class action piece of sh##! If anyone knows of a suit going on with these piles of junk, please let me know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts