Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I purchased a pre owned 2017 discovery sport last week Wed, thur check engine came on, brought to Land Rover today to find out turbocharger needs replacing. Luckily they advised its covered under warranty. As a first land rover owner, non familiar with cars and female any advice how I make sure to not get scammed in any way?? Questions to ask to make sure I didn't purchase a lemon or other damages weren't caused by blown turbo charger ?? Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone I purchased a pre owned 2017 discovery sport last week Wed, thur check engine came on, brought to Land Rover today to find out turbocharger needs replacing. Luckily they advised its covered under warranty. As a first land rover owner, non familiar with cars and female any advice how I make sure to not get scammed in any way?? Questions to ask to make sure I didn't purchase a lemon or other damages weren't caused by blown turbo charger ?? Thank you
In addition windshield fluid light went on and dealer advised they filled with gallon and I never used.

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
If they are replacing the turbo for free it does not look like they are scamming you. I have been driving turbo cars since the 80s and have 1 that failed. Will not damage any other engine parts.
Adding windshield washer fluid is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. It's the turbocharger underboost that went and caused check engine to come on and not allow car to accelerate. It's covered under warranty because vehicle is 2017 and 60000km so I am happy about that. Regarding windshield fluid it keeps draining to 0 but they can't see a leak anywhere so they will continue to monitor over next couple days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We go through window washer fluid quickly, about a gallon per 700 miles, depending on weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts