Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Do
We just bought our new 2017 Disco Sport about 2 hours ago. We are trying to decide if we should get the trailer tow added. The disco is replacing a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that was totalled. Another driver ran a red light and smashed into me. We had a trailer tow pkg with a 2" hitch. We used it mostly in the summer months on road trips.

So, I guess my question is how does the dealer installed trailer hitch look on the Disco? Do you regret getting it or would you do the same thing all over again?

Thanks in Advance,
HawkGirl turned DiscoSportMama

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats on the new DS.

Yes you can get a tow bar installed.

Dealer OEM is pricey but warranty is fully covered with the car and tow bar should you have the dealer install.

U Haul is the next best thing - they can install it cheaper than the dealer.

Or look for an independent selling the Curt hitch and either do it yourself or find an installer - what others have done for the lowest cost.

Did you need trailer electronics, wiring and / or trailer brake control ?
That will determine which way you want to go - dealer, U Haul, or Curt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sally,

Thanks for responding. We need the wiring and the brake control. I think we've decided to do the dealer install and get the warranty.

Thanks again

·
Registered
311 Posts
I got the dealer installed and am very happy with the look compared to the other installs. I don't know if I am happy with the price... But in the scheme of things I mixed it into my financing.

When mine was installed... Just to note, the receiver is the European one and did not work with some of my US made attachments (motorcycle carrier and hitchsafe). Thule equipment works fine in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts