Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

After searching for quite some time for the perfect DS--new and used, I finally picked up a 2016 Discovery Sport for my wife. It was a long search because we wanted an HSE or HSE Lux, black interior with black headliner, 3rd row seat, black package and climate. Those were the must haves. Corris was the top choice color, but there were a couple other colors that would have worked.

I almost bought one brand new out of San Francisco but hesitated because while it had everything else, it did not have the audio upgrade and I wanted to hear the difference first. (It was Corris, 19" black package, 3rd row, HSE, climate).

Then all of the 2016s on dealer lots ended up having stupid stuff like the Vision Package and Park Assist. We were unwilling to pay multiple thousands of dollars more for just these features. Then it ended up seeming like we had to special order. We wanted to wait until the 2017 options list and pricing came out, but right as it came out we happened upon the perfect DS.

Found in Oklahoma City, a Firenze Red 2016 with black interior, black headliner, 19" black package, 3rd row, audio upgrade and climate. It had a little higher miles than other used ones for sale, but that didn't matter. (13k miles) We ended up getting it for $39k which I figure is a steal really. This same DS stickered for $52k and was a little less than a year old. I flew into Oklahoma City and drove it home to Seattle.

This is my third Land Rover....first being a 1990 Range Rover Classic I picked up not running on Craigslist for $800 a few years ago. I got it running, fixed it up cosmetically, added OME springs and Bilstiens and 5-spoke GDE wheels and Goodyear MT/Rs and had a blast for a couple years putting 45,000 miles on it.

Replaced that one with a 2006 LR3 white on black HSE with HD pkg, climate and factory rack/ladder. Still have it, 175,000 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good. Really like the color and the wheel combo. I just put 6000 miles on mine and it drives great. Have to get used to the 9 speed transmission as it really responds differently to gas pedal input. I've found that if I set my menu to paddle shifters for both D and S mode, I can drive in D mode and use the paddle shifters for quick acceleration and then hold the paddle for a couple seconds to put it back in D mode to save gas.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats!
Glad you found the car you wanted.

The DS due to the towing ability has different gearing software than the almost identical Evoque.

I know because I had asked my service advisor on why the Evoque loaner I have drives with so much car like peppy drive compared to the DS which seems to take a longer time to spool up the turbo.
He said the cars with the same engine and powertrain have different software mapping.
The DS is made for towing (better low end torque), while the Evoque has better top end for speed.
That explains why the DS can tow boats while the Evoque can only carry bikes...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very sharp, that was my 1st color choice but could not find one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts