Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, bought a 2015 Disco Sport SE with xenon and roof upgrades. Like the car but have a few questions for experienced members!

- It makes a whining noise from the engine bay after being turned off. This has happened for as long as 10 minutes? Usually less.

- The auto stop/start has never activated, not that I really want it to, but it's odd that it never has in 2 weeks of driving...?

- Under soft acceleration at about 1800 RPM there is a really rough acoustic noise sometimes. Never happens at harder acceleration only when gently accelerating from a steady speed. Maybe it's just normal before the turbo kicks in but it's a really different sound to normal.

- Bluetooth drops out occasionally when on calls.

Thanks for any thoughts :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I found the first two things out, but never the last.

Auto stop/start the dealer updated the software as apparently there's an error that can show low battery even when it's fine - the stop/start will never work when it thinks the battery is low.

Bluetooth can be fixed by installing the app 'bluetooth phonebook' on your phone. Who knows why but it works.

1800RPM rough noise is exactly what I have too. Have never found a good reason or fix, but it seems the gearbox is programmed to pull too hard at that RPM. Putting it in S mode will reduce the amount this happens.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
600 Posts
Hi adhunt99. The turbo is always running at low boost and starts spooling up when hot exhaust gases gets it excited. LOL Engine starts produces max torque around 1800 RPM in a Diesel or properly set up gas/petrol. I run in sport mode 95% of the time as I live in a very hilly area and want the extra zip. I also turn the stop/stop off 95% of the time

·
Registered
1 Posts
What was the cause of the whining noise from the engine bay after turning off? I just got a Disco Sport and notice this happening.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE
4 Posts
I'm not positive, but likely engine cooling. Most autos with turbos continue to circulate coolant through the turbo so it doesn't overheat. The fan may also run on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts