Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day everyone,

I have had my 2015 HSE TD4 for 2 months and have really enjoyed owning it.

So far the only issue I've had is a squeaky seat, which from reading some posts turns out to be common annoyance on the earlier ones. I am looking into solving this issue in the near future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a recall for the rear seat squeaking
Thank you for telling me. Do you know when this recall happened or what service bulletin it is?

I have found a service bulletin (LTB00866NAS1) which appears to describe my problem, but maybe you're talking about a different one. I bought it from the original purchaser and the squeaking is quite noticeable, so I'd assume they would have taken in for that recall to solve the issue.

Perhaps since I've owned the car it has developed again. It would be interesting to see if anyone who had the recall eventually got the noise again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My seats never squeaked but it was fixed? in 2016 along with possible licence plate light coming loose. I think they put a shim somewhere.

Silicon spray is always handy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My seats never squeaked but it was fixed? in 2016 along with possible licence plate light coming loose. I think they put a shim somewhere.

Silicon spray is always handy.
That sounds like a solid starting place. I'll put some cloth in the effected areas and see if that fixes it, the service bulletin says the seat needs to be almost fully disassembled to swap the parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts