Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
Got my 1st ever LR Discovery Sport this week - 2017 Model HSE Corris Grey, with Factory Tint and Panoramic roof. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the HSE Luxury, because (in hindsight) I would have loved the HUD and the InTouch Pro console. Oh well ... I'm told that I can't get it retro-fitted now so that's ok.
Just one question though, is the Aust HSE 2017 Model meant to have the Gesture Tailgate?
The specs on the website says that it does, but I can't get mine to work. I'm not sure if I've read that correctly or if there's anything else I need to do to 'activate' it. I have the keys with me at the time and tried both sides and middle but just can't get it to work. Also, no tile apps - actually no apps at all on the non-pro version. Maybe I mis-read it when I first ordered it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to interacting here and keeping up with the news. I'd love to hear your responses re if I've mis-read the specs

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you wear polorized sung glasses, you wouldn't be able to see the HUD anyhow so that's something to not be too worried about :)

(trying to ease the disappointment)

But congratulations and welcome to the forums !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for trying to make me feel better - haha. Does anyone know if gesture tailgate is meant to be available on all models ?
My reading of the website says yes, but maybe I haven't done something right, so would be interested in feedback

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi DamianH welcome to the forum and to the Land Rover experience.

As a fellow Aussie I just picked up in the last few weeks the DS 2016 HSE and know that the gesture was an optional feature on that model. On reading the specs it did look like it was going to be standard in the 2017 model I would suggest giving the LR dealer a call.

Enjoy your new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts