Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New guy from Salisbury, U.K. Had my Discovery Sport since last October and have a concern over a perceived problem with the stop start, I checked with the dealer and they say the issue is normal operation but I’m still not convinced, so thought I’d seek your wisdom.

I searched the first 10 pages of stop start and couldn’t find anything similar, most stop start issues seem to be about it not working which doesn’t cover it, so thought I’d ask.

When needing to slow down on approaching a roundabout or traffic that is not stopped but still slowly moving, the vehicles stop start cuts the engine. This can be at speeds between 5-10 mph, and when lifting my foot from the brake pedal the vehicle restarts having never come to a complete stop. It hasn’t caused any lose of control but is a little disconcerting.

Any thoughts?
TIA

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all,
New guy from Salisbury, U.K. Had my Discovery Sport since last October and have a concern over a perceived problem with the stop start, I checked with the dealer and they say the issue is normal operation but I’m still not convinced, so thought I’d seek your wisdom.

I searched the first 10 pages of stop start and couldn’t find anything similar, most stop start issues seem to be about it not working which doesn’t cover it, so thought I’d ask.

When needing to slow down on approaching a roundabout or traffic that is not stopped but still slowly moving, the vehicles stop start cuts the engine. This can be at speeds between 5-10 mph, and when lifting my foot from the brake pedal the vehicle restarts having never come to a complete stop. It hasn’t caused any lose of control but is a little disconcerting.

Any thoughts?
TIA
My stop start now seems to work well, having had issues with it not working at all.
The stop start on my 2017MY car does not cut the engine until it is stationary, however I have recently driven a Volvo V90 2018MY (nice looking car, but not great on build quality) and this cut the engine at a low speed similar to your vehicle. This was very annoying and I didn't like the vehicle, so I sold it.
I do not know if Land Rover has changed the stop start on more recent vehicles to cut the engine sooner.
Maybe someone can enlighten us, but it should be possible to alter this in software (in theory anyway), so the engine does not cut out until fully stopped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts