Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All! I just picked up my 17MY Fuji White Discovery Sport HSE a couple days ago and enjoying it a lot so far! I came from a BMW 1 series 6sp manual but needed to get a family car for the baby and the 1 series almost cut it, but not quite. ;-)

My car has the following options:
Black Pack with 19" Rims
Driver Tech Pack
Convenience Pack
Heated Windscreen
Sirius XM
Navigation
InControl Apps
Full Size Spare

My complaints about the car right now are:
1. The heated windscreen is difficult to get used to. I keep seeing the lines even though I try to look far out. The car on the lot had it so wasn't much of a choice and I needed a car pretty quickly.
2. Some weird smell enters the cabin when stopped from time to time. It's not quite the exhaust smell that I've read about on the forum (or maybe it is?). I'm wondering if it's the new engine/new parts that's just burning off. I'm crossing my fingers its not the exhaust entering cabin issue.

Otherwise, cheers to all you DS owners!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
2. Some weird smell enters the cabin when stopped from time to time. It's not quite the exhaust smell that I've read about on the forum (or maybe it is?). I'm wondering if it's the new engine/new parts that's just burning off. I'm crossing my fingers its not the exhaust entering cabin issue.

Otherwise, cheers to all you DS owners!
Could be the brakes bedding in. My new one has it too.

Do they you love the Fujitsu white with black pack? Makes the car 'pop' as my wife pits it. Any photos yet??

M

·
0 Posts
1. The heated windscreen is difficult to get used to. I keep seeing the lines even though I try to look far out. The car on the lot had it so wasn't much of a choice and I needed a car pretty quickly.

I have the heated windscreen as well. Came with the climate pack - and I wanted cooled seats. Not much use for heated windscreen in Texas. But, having said that, you do get used to it - eventually. Though can cause weird reflections when the sun is low in the sky - which shouldn't be a problem in Vancouver:D.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As Larry said, you should get used to the heated windscreen. I was really worried that it would bother me. I'm usually a stickler for these things, and I thought I would constantly focus on them and it would become a distraction. It never became an issue. I got used to it quickly and my eyes just focus beyond them. I can absolutely see them, but they never get in the way and they are so very, very useful on those winter mornings. Seriously, Larry, you should drive up north one winter just to experience their usefulness and make sure they're working! :)

As for the smell, we also had a strong odour that would come and go for the first few weeks. It completely went away after a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be the brakes bedding in. My new one has it too.

Do they you love the Fujitsu white with black pack? Makes the car 'pop' as my wife pits it. Any photos yet??
Yes I attached a couple of pics in my original post. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Larry said, you should get used to the heated windscreen. I was really worried that it would bother me. I'm usually a stickler for these things, and I thought I would constantly focus on them and it would become a distraction. It never became an issue. I got used to it quickly and my eyes just focus beyond them. I can absolutely see them, but they never get in the way and they are so very, very useful on those winter mornings. Seriously, Larry, you should drive up north one winter just to experience their usefulness and make sure they're working! :)

As for the smell, we also had a strong odour that would come and go for the first few weeks. It completely went away after a while.
Good to know regarding the smell! And I'm hoping I'll be able to adjust to the windscreen very soon. It does get cold enough in Vancouver from time to time so I'm hoping to make use of it!

M

·
0 Posts
Seriously, Larry, you should drive up north one winter just to experience their usefulness and make sure they're working! :).
Well, I grew up in western NY (Buffalo area), and still have family there. I guess I need to plan a trip in the winter just to test the 4-wheel and heated windshield:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts