Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new to the group and Land Rover. Always wanted a Jag with a decent hybrid and they didn’t have one so my car history consists of Golf GTIs, Audi A3s and more recently a BMW330e.

New car arrived today after lots of delays. First impression, love it.. I’ve driven most of the newer BMWs and recently rented a brand new Volvo XC60… this blows them away!

Mine is a top spec with pretty much everything added but based on 1 days use it’s the best everyday car I’ve driven, feels like a Range Rover inside materials are top quality, meridian sound system is better than the equivalent Harman Kardon in BMW, the premium paint is stunning. Not quite as quick as I was hoping at 309 Bhp but probably fast enough for the type of car it is.

I expected the Privi system to be crap but again… it’s great. And it’s a Brit(ish) car!

Really happy, anyone considering buying one go for it (if you can manage the wait) and you won’t be disappointed! Well done Land Rover
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine arrived a week or so ago ... 300e HSE and a few bits...

Very impressed so far (bar one or two body 'line up' issues - but probably best not to ask the dealer to sort..! - they stuck a 'nail' in my D4s - (later recognised as OEM fault and much later replaced) front underskirt to stop it dropping.... :-{ .

But .. early days....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all - new to the group and Land Rover. Always wanted a Jag with a decent hybrid and they didn’t have one so my car history consists of Golf GTIs, Audi A3s and more recently a BMW330e.

New car arrived today after lots of delays. First impression, love it.. I’ve driven most of the newer BMWs and recently rented a brand new Volvo XC60… this blows them away!

Mine is a top spec with pretty much everything added but based on 1 days use it’s the best everyday car I’ve driven, feels like a Range Rover inside materials are top quality, meridian sound system is better than the equivalent Harman Kardon in BMW, the premium paint is stunning. Not quite as quick as I was hoping at 309 Bhp but probably fast enough for the type of car it is.

I expected the Privi system to be crap but again… it’s great. And it’s a Brit(ish) car!

Really happy, anyone considering buying one go for it (if you can manage the wait) and you won’t be disappointed! Well done Land Rover
View attachment 7892

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am reasonably impressed with the capabilities, but there have been some significant problems:
1. Rear lamp cluster filling with water soon after delivery in July and I am now getting this replaced in October.
2. Heatshield underneath the car was rattling and had to be replaced.
3. Timed charging is difficult to make work properly although I may now have worked out how to do it.
4. Generally, I would say that build and materials quality is not up to that of my previous VWs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts