Discovery Sport Forum banner

New Discovery Sport P300e R-Dynamic HSE first impressions

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Stig267 
#1 ·
Hi all - new to the group and Land Rover. Always wanted a Jag with a decent hybrid and they didn’t have one so my car history consists of Golf GTIs, Audi A3s and more recently a BMW330e.

New car arrived today after lots of delays. First impression, love it.. I’ve driven most of the newer BMWs and recently rented a brand new Volvo XC60… this blows them away!

Mine is a top spec with pretty much everything added but based on 1 days use it’s the best everyday car I’ve driven, feels like a Range Rover inside materials are top quality, meridian sound system is better than the equivalent Harman Kardon in BMW, the premium paint is stunning. Not quite as quick as I was hoping at 309 Bhp but probably fast enough for the type of car it is.

I expected the Privi system to be crap but again… it’s great. And it’s a Brit(ish) car!

Really happy, anyone considering buying one go for it (if you can manage the wait) and you won’t be disappointed! Well done Land Rover
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine arrived a week or so ago ... 300e HSE and a few bits...

Very impressed so far (bar one or two body 'line up' issues - but probably best not to ask the dealer to sort..! - they stuck a 'nail' in my D4s - (later recognised as OEM fault and much later replaced) front underskirt to stop it dropping.... :-{ .

But .. early days....

#3 ·
Hi all - new to the group and Land Rover. Always wanted a Jag with a decent hybrid and they didn’t have one so my car history consists of Golf GTIs, Audi A3s and more recently a BMW330e.

New car arrived today after lots of delays. First impression, love it.. I’ve driven most of the newer BMWs and recently rented a brand new Volvo XC60… this blows them away!

Mine is a top spec with pretty much everything added but based on 1 days use it’s the best everyday car I’ve driven, feels like a Range Rover inside materials are top quality, meridian sound system is better than the equivalent Harman Kardon in BMW, the premium paint is stunning. Not quite as quick as I was hoping at 309 Bhp but probably fast enough for the type of car it is.

I expected the Privi system to be crap but again… it’s great. And it’s a Brit(ish) car!

Really happy, anyone considering buying one go for it (if you can manage the wait) and you won’t be disappointed! Well done Land Rover
View attachment 7892

#4 ·
I am reasonably impressed with the capabilities, but there have been some significant problems:
1. Rear lamp cluster filling with water soon after delivery in July and I am now getting this replaced in October.
2. Heatshield underneath the car was rattling and had to be replaced.
3. Timed charging is difficult to make work properly although I may now have worked out how to do it.
4. Generally, I would say that build and materials quality is not up to that of my previous VWs.

#6 ·
Yes, I should have posted before on the timed charging. It is certainly not properly explained anywhere that I have found, nor do the technicians at the dealer seem to have much of a clue.

What I find you need to do is to set up departure time and charging time from the in car screen (not the Remote app). This can be done either from the EV icon or the Vehicle Preconditioning icon on the apps screen. You have to set the departure time for timed charging to work. I set this to repeat everyday although I think you can set it up differently for different days if you wish. To get the screen where you set up the charging times, I open the EV charge screen and then open Settings-Preconditioning. There you can set whether preconditioning is optimised for range or comfort (I do range) and also set the charging period (I use 0.30-7.00). I also set a charging summary to appear when the ignition is turned off.

That's the set up. The problem I found, that prevents this working, is that the system seems to retain the departure time for today rather than tomorrow. To allow overnight charging it needs to be working on tomorrow's departure time, because the idea is that it is preparing the car for departure. When you turn off the ignition after arriving home, if you have set up the charging summary to appear, you will see it says "Departure time: Today 9.00" or whatever. That won't work, because you are trying to charge after the departure time. I find that I need to go into the Veh Preconditioning screen, press Edit to bring up the list of days of the week, with a flash symbol showing the departure time. You will probably see the "Today" line highlighted and you need to press "Tomorrow". You can then turn off the ignition. That sets the system for tomorrow's departure time and should allow charging to be delayed until the time you have set. When you plug in the charger the charging light comes on initially, but after a few seconds there is a click and it goes off.

Rather a tedious process but it now seems to work for me, mostly.

#7 ·
It would be nice to actually have this car built/delivered. I did have a date of early December but apparently it's been removed from the "list" - unbelievably shoddy service from Land Rover. Ok, there's a shortage of chips etc, but don't promise something you can't deliver. Disappointed and seriously thinking of getting deposit back and going to look at other options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.