Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
I thought I would share my recent upgrades. New 255/55R19 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires, roof rack w/Hellas, 30mm rear lift, Rival 4pc. skid plate kit. Still have to install the side steps I purchased.
I am looking forward to hitting some trails this weekend!

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE, 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee
87 Posts
Thanks! I'm planning a trip to the outer banks later this Mk the to see how the mud tires handle beach driving.
I don't know about mud tires but I've been three times up to the state line and back from Corolla on the OEM Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus tires at 15 lbs with no issues. Be sure to uncover the front recovery point before you leave the pavement and have a set of Maxtracks/Treds and a shovel, just in case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about mud tires but I've been three times up to the state line and back from Corolla on the OEM Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus tires at 15 lbs with no issues. Be sure to uncover the front recovery point before you leave the pavement and have a set of Maxtracks/Treds and a shovel, just in case.
Thanks for the advice! I have only taken the Disco in local trails, so the sand will be completely new to me. Good to know that you have already driven the same route that I am planning. Did you come across any wild horses? My daughter is hoping we will see some.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE, 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee
87 Posts
We saw lots of wild horses. But they are not there on the beach, they are behind the dunes in the residential neighborhood. So go to the state line and hang out there for a bit then come back down and take the first right that you can take to get you behind the dune line. That’s where you'll see the wild horses. They'll be hanging out in peoples yards. And note the relationship between the egrets and the horses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! Thank you for the tip. We are heading there next weekend, searching for the horses should make it a fun trip. I'm real excited to drive on the beach for the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.