Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2010 LR4 was up around 80,000 miles and starting to cost a bit more than I wanted in repairs monthly so i stopped by the Land Rover dealer on my way home and the next day I left with a Lorie Blue Disco Sport HSE LUX with the 20" rims and trailer package. The white interior is neat, hopefully not a pain the clean. Doesnt have the climate control package which i think will be fine being that I live in FL.

So far been very happy with the gas milage and comfort of the car. Trailer hitch gets installed later this week, so will be interesting to see how it pulls the boat which is close to the max tow capacity. We wont be towing far, just pulling it out of the ramp and into storage / cleaning (like 100ft away).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Being you have an HSE (and greater), you'll have the neato towing sway feature only available with side cameras. The backup camera towing option works great but make sure to keep your backup camera lens clean.

As far as weight, my 16ft vintage camper weights about 2300lbs loaded and it towed like a beauty! Do not expect the towing light to flash with your blinkers if you have LED tail lights on your trailer, just check after you plug-in.

In addition the fold away tow connector works great! Big kudos to JLR for hiding the connector.

Enjoy your Disco Sport... I'm jealous of your trim line :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figure it we need to tow long distances we can always use the RRS. This is now our 4th LR, started with a disco II, LR4, RRSsupercharged and now the DS...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope just cross country trips to CO from FL each year, and some heavy towing the the LR4 and RRS...

I personally thought the LR4 towed the 7000lbs boats much better than the RRS. Not the mention being able to see the hitch in the LR4 camera is very useful.

2004 DISCOII
2010 LR4
2011 RRS supercharged
2017 DS

We wont be towing the heavy boats obviously with the DS, but just moving the smaller boat which is about 3500lbs with trailer from the ramp to drive way to clean etc... The dealer should have the hitch and electrical for me this week, along with my Rubber mats ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts