Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your advice. I have negotiated with Land Rover Houston North a 2020 Disco Sport S R Dynamic with 8600 miles. I am trading in a 2019 Genesis G70 with 6200 miles. Reliability with the Genesis has been impeccable but wanted to go with an SUV. Saying that, Would you buy your Disco if you know what you know today. Reliability, engine/ transmission, comfortability, navigation systems. Please comment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love my 2020 DS. I have no issues other than some initial configuration problems with the SIM card. Those issues shouldn't be present on a vehicle with 8600 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
565 Posts
I would buy again, very comfortable and great performance for such a heavy vehicle. Every passenger comments on the leg room in the rear seat. A few problems at first but less than my Merc., so much for German engineering. Nav has brought me home and away a few strange ways but always faster.
Poor fuel in the city, but lots of short trips but on the highway I am pleased and I spend most of the time up and down hills and mountains on trips. Hills in the city as well LOL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2019 Disco Sport HSE that I bought from our local Land Rover dealership that was a service loaner. I’ve had it for 6 months and have been very happy with it. I did have one issue when I first bought the car where the water pump needed replaced. Evidently, there was a TSB out about this and my LR dealership took care of me. Since then, no issues and I really like my Disco Sport and have no regrets with my purchase.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be signing the paperwork tomorrow. Wanted to get more input. Anybody else?
Good luck!! I'm sure you'll like the Discovery. Just keep in mind, that as with most European cars, if you follow the scheduled maintenance, you should be fine. I think a lot of the horror stories come from those who've either delayed maintenance and/or didn't take care of maintenance. They just left it for the next owner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received my new disco sport yesterday and I love it. For a four cylinder engine it has a lot of pep. I'm am still trying to figure out all the infotainment activity but I am getting up to speed steadily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts