Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just received my brand new Disco with CarPlay.
My wife wanted to have a wireless connection for the CarPlay, LR says only wired is possible.
Anybody here know a solution for this? a Bluetooth USB dongle?

regards,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Curious about this myself. Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought a dongle from China than seems to work as a bridge from USB and Bluetooth. If it works I post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same concern bur with Android Auto... doesn't seem to be connecting wirelessly despite having a (supposedly compatible) Pixel 4 phone. Camping here to see if anyone managed to find a solution

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just bought a dongle from China than seems to work as a bridge from USB and Bluetooth. If it works I post it.
Any update? Wireless CarPlay would be great to have, if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same concern bur with Android Auto... doesn't seem to be connecting wirelessly despite having a (supposedly compatible) Pixel 4 phone. Camping here to see if anyone managed to find a solution
Found out wireless Android auto is not possible for this head unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this unit running in my 2020 Ram. It works just like it is connected to CarPlay, however it is a wireless connection to your phone. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, disregard I guess! I see that Land Rover is not on their supported vehicles list. Might want to contact them and verify.

·
Registered
18 Posts
G'day

Another route you could take to get apple car play / android auto, is to buy the 2020 technology pack head unit.

I'm guessing it will be quite expensive, however, it would be an OEM part that is design to work with the vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts