Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, figured I should drop a quick note to say hi..

Recently made a pretty unplanned purchase of a 2018 Discovery Sport HSE.

Traded in my 2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th anniversary edition and here we are...

Previous to that Jeep, I had an '04 Wrangler TJ that I LOVED... There was something completely liberating about that one for me, pulled the carpets the day I bought it, never locked the doors (cheaper to replace a stereo than a cut soft top), etc...

Ended up needing more space and better towing capacity (motorcycle track days, pull a small jet boat, etc..) so we upgraded to the Wrangler Unlimited. While it was great on many regards, it lost that feeling of freedom but added a fair amount of amenities (leather trimmed heated seats, power windows, and such). Now I had to lock the doors, worry about rain if I left the top off, etc... Which for me at least, put things in a slightly odd place. Moderately refined, but still not great for longer trips, horrendous gas mileage, etc...

We started looking at the Disco's, and ended up finding one that ticked all of the boxes that just came up at our local dealer. White HSE with the black trim package, and virtually all options. It was one of their loaner vehicles, truly immaculate condition, and just over 8k miles. Certified with an extra year on the warranty, so ended up with 4.5 years / up to 100k mile coverage at time of purchase.

Needless to say, ended up jumping on it quickly...

Still early clearly, but I haven't yet found any of the concerns I've seen pop up (no b-pillar, or other rattles, no delay going into reverse, etc...).

Took a few hundred mile trip the day after taking delivery and, wow, what a difference from the Jeep and it'll still handle the bit of mild off roading we'll do with it without issue as well.

Couldn't be happier with the Disco so far. Only regret is not paying closer attention to keep the dealer honest on the stereo as CarPlay was a fair bit of a selling feature for me (I have another thread on that fiasco).

Anyway, hi.... I'll post some pics when the weather improves around these parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new too and sounds like we have the same/similar trim/packages. White x black great combo!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt, this was just a random "looking around" exercise until I saw this particular one sitting there.... Escalated quickly. :D

I'm new too and sounds like we have the same/similar trim/packages. White x black great combo!

·
Registered
17 Posts
No doubt, this was just a random "looking around" exercise until I saw this particular one sitting there.... Escalated quickly. :D
:D is beautiful isnt it! I was wanting to get the Corris Grey one because it looks so nice on paper/online but I never got a chance to see one in person with the dynamic package. I almost always had white cars because i like the contrast and combo i can do with black color

1 - 4 of 4 Posts