Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a Land Rover P300e in June. The dealership (UK) has no idea when I will get a build date, let alone a delivery. I appreciate people have been waiting longer and from what I’ve read it could go into 2022. I’m left with my current lease vehicle, having to extend it and pay more per month + get an MoT done. And Land Rover have £2k deposit. I also had an electric charger fitted last week but no car to use it on !

Is there anything I can do apart from wait.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
It is a world wide problem with many manufactures. Used cars prices rising in response.

Always buy from stock to avoid problems..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in the US, I was told the wait time for a DS SE was 6-7 months, but they had a "demo" with 8k miles ready to go with a discount of $5k (US) - so I took it. I just hope the prior drivers didn't beat it to death on those first miles ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a world wide problem with many manufactures. Used cars prices rising in response.

Always buy from stock to avoid problems..
Too late for that. At the time of putting the deposit down, I wasn't made aware of any delays.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a 300e HSE with a few add ons mid March and have been told its now been built - passed 'quality control' (not holding my breath on that after my D4 had to go back a number of times for defects that they should have picked up .... that was back in 2015 - which I sold back to them in April/May for a 'better price' - if I held onto it until now would have made another 6K plus due to shortages - but who knew?)

Anyway - they now have to get my new build from Liverpool to West Cornwall ..... so I am anticipating more delays (lack of truck drivers etc, etc..)...... its not been a good..... but ..... first world problems to be fair... :-{

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a 300e HSE with a few add ons mid March and have been told its now been built - passed 'quality control' (not holding my breath on that after my D4 had to go back a number of times for defects that they should have picked up .... that was back in 2015 - which I sold back to them in April/May for a 'better price' - if I held onto it until now would have made another 6K plus due to shortages - but who knew?)

Anyway - they now have to get my new build from Liverpool to West Cornwall ..... so I am anticipating more delays (lack of truck drivers etc, etc..)...... its not been a good..... but ..... first world problems to be fair... :-{
Worth knowing - 6 months from order (assuming it gets there), not too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts