Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SE hybrid on order with the technology and comfort packs. Expecting delivery later this month. Any tips on what to check out at the dealers when I collect it would be welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have a PHEV on order for July delivery. From my experience with a brand new D4 nearly 6 years ago 'build' quality is top of my check list including paint 'sag' - especially on the doors, damaged/scratched light covers especially any high rear lights and any roof fittings (fin/rear camera). Even and matching panel gaps - especially the rear door., the list is endless really but I will go over mine with a 'fine tooth comb' spending some time checking it out. My D4 had to go back and get shipped off on a low loader to an approved bodyshop some many miles away for all the above and more. Recently (last year) for surface rust repair on a window frame

Hope that helps a bit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have a PHEV on order for July delivery. From my experience with a brand new D4 nearly 6 years ago 'build' quality is top of my check list including paint 'sag' - especially on the doors, damaged/scratched light covers especially any high rear lights and any roof fittings (fin/rear camera). Even and matching panel gaps - especially the rear door., the list is endless really but I will go over mine with a 'fine tooth comb' spending some time checking it out. My D4 had to go back and get shipped off on a low loader to an approved bodyshop some many miles away for all the above and more. Recently (last year) for surface rust repair on a window frame

Hope that helps a bit...
That is helpful, thanks. It would be nice to think they had improved build quality since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts