Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have purchased my first LRDS and have it in the shop already, 1 week new to me but only had 5200 miles on it. My biggest issue....shifting and turbo lag, I've read here that other people are experiencing the same and I am not liking the response and posts that I'm learning may just be "the way the vehicle is". Has anyone had the "adaptive" setting reset after the initial set up? Does the system constantly adapt as time goes on. I had a MB CLS550 and had a similar issue where it would shift erratic, brought it in and they reset something and with in a week or so it shifted better and I really enjoyed driving it. I hopefully pick my Sport today after being told there were two updates and a ROM reset performed. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
KB

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have an early build 2015 model. It was the first one sold in our Metro area. At first it had serious low end lag issues. Overall shifting was fine. Over time our DS has improved greatly. Its reaching its two year anniversary and its been much improved for almost the past year. They say that the computer adjusts to driving style. Some other say there's some kind of drivetrain update available for some blocks of VINs.

I have received newer DS for loaners and they dont exhibit hardly any lag at all and are much more snappy than our DS was in the beginning. I would say that our DS now matches the new DS snappiness. Good luck.

FWIW, I am not aware of any drivetrain update done to our DS, they list all updates on our service tickets and its never been listed. Leaves me to believe the computer has made adjustments over time.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, mine is a 2015 build sold as 2016 model and recently got the powertrain update, infotainment update, and a couple of recalls....

Drives like a champ - night and day difference!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the updates lately too on my 2016 DS and it does make a huge difference - the DS engine respond now much better :)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts