Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: lost control in yesterday's New England nor'easter and my front right tire hit a curb pretty hard. Wheels are completely out of alignment, cannot steer normally at all. Damage to tire sidewall and rim as well.

Long story short: I got roadside assistance from AAA and had it brought a local repair shop. Waiting to get estimate before deciding what to do next. My insurance does not cover car rental.

However, I'm re-considering another option, which is to have the car towed to LR dealership. They would provide free towing and also a loaner. I am guessing however that the repair estimate from LR would be much higher than the local repair shop, negating any benefits I may realize from the free towing and loaner.

Anybody have any thoughts/advice? I'm waiting to hear back from the repair shop within 24 hrs and need to figure out my next step.

thanks, JT

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all. It's still at the local repair shop. LR dealership quoted something significantly higher. I do have collision insurance, but was worried that with a LR bill being so high, it would adversely affect my future premium. So I decided to leave it with the local repair shop, which I'm now regretting since they are going to take longer to fix the car. And I have no loaner now, either, . . . so Uberring it to the commuter rail station these days.

UGH, hate not having a car!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts